I Used To Think I Was Not That Bad And Then I Got To Know Me Better is the book for people who read self-improvement books and never get any better. (Also for the people who sincerely wish they would.) It’s a humorous look at topics like relationships, anxiety, communication, bad habits, and more. It’s available at Mitzi's Books, 510 Main Street in Rapid City, but can also be ordered through any bookstore. If yours doesn’t have it, they can order it for you. It is also available at Amazon as an eBook ($4.99) or as a paperback ($15).
I'll have books for signing at the following events in Rapid City...
Holiday Art Market
Saturday, December 6, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. - Dahl Arts Center
Books by area authors (including me) will be available at the Black Hills Writers Group table.
December 6, 7 p.m. - Journey Museum
This year’s literary gala celebrates the release of the premiere issue of Black Hills Literary Journal. The theme of this issue is family. Along with other area authors and poets, I will be reading one of my pieces that is included in the new journal. Area authors, including me, will also be signing books. Hors d'oeuvres will be served and there will be a cash bar. Admission is $10 for individuals, $15 for couples. Proceeds benefit the Journey and the Black Hills Writers Group. Tickets are available at the Journey.
December 12, 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. -Suzie Cappa Art Center, 722 St. Joseph.
Meet Suzie Cappa artists. The Black Hills Betties will be performing throughout the evening, Santa will be making a special appearance, and I will be signing copies of I Used To Think I Was Not That Bad And Then I Got To Know Me Better.
Dorothy Rosby is a syndicated humor columnist and entertaining speaker whose column has appeared in newspapers in ten Midwestern and Western states since 1996.
Dorothy is a member of Toastmasters, the National Society of Newspaper Columnists, and the Black Hills Writers Group. For information on running Dorothy’s column in your newspaper or to subscribe to her column contact her via email or call 605-716-7434.
- South Dakota Newspaper Association Better Newspaper Contest, Second Place Best Local Humorous Column, 2014
- National Federation of Press Women, Second Place Humorous Columns 2010 and 2012, Third Place Humorous Columns 2013 and 2014.
- South Dakota Press Women, First Place Humor Columns 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- City of Foster City,California, Arts & Culture Committee 25th Annual Writers
- Contest, First Place Humorous Essay Division, January 2000
- New England Writers Network Humor Contest, Second Place, February 1999
- Loudest Laf Laurel, Scher Maihem Publishing, Runner-up January 1996
- Toastmasters Region IV Humorous Speech Contest, First Place, June 1995
- National Writers Association Articles and Essays Contest, First place May 1995