I Used To Think I Was Not That Bad And Then I Got To Know Me Better is the book for people who read self-improvement books and never get any better. (Also for the people who sincerely wish they would.) It’s a humorous look at topics like relationships, anxiety, communication, bad habits, and more. It’s available at Mitzi's Books, 510 Main Street in Rapid City, but can also be ordered through any bookstore. If yours doesn’t have it, they can order it for you. It is also available at Amazon as an eBook ($4.99) or as a paperback ($15).
KOTA Reads, April 2015 http://www.kotatv.com/news/south-dakota-news/kotareads-dorothy-rosby/32179100
South Dakota Public Radio, December 2014 http://listen.sdpb.org/post/dakota-midday-humor-columnist-dorothy-rosby#.VI-ne0LE6JY.facebook
KSOO Noevember 2014 http://ksoo.com/i-used-to-think-i-was-not-that-bad-until/?trackback=fbshare_top
- South Dakota Newspaper Association Better Newspaper Contest, Second Place Best Local Humorous Column, 2014
- National Federation of Press Women, Second Place Humorous Columns 2010 and 2012, Third Place Humorous Columns 2013 and 2014.
- South Dakota Press Women, First Place Humor Columns 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2014.
- City of Foster City,California, Arts & Culture Committee 25th Annual Writers
- Contest, First Place Humorous Essay Division, January 2000
- New England Writers Network Humor Contest, Second Place, February 1999
- Loudest Laf Laurel, Scher Maihem Publishing, Runner-up January 1996
- Toastmasters Region IV Humorous Speech Contest, First Place, June 1995
- National Writers Association Articles and Essays Contest, First place May 1995